Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What is the best lube for chains? Wax? From Velo News

Real Cyclists

From Velo News | Lubricating chains with wax | March 2013 

The March issue of Velo News suggests that lubricating chain with wax contribute to the chains efficiency and several watts.  Others in the forum/comments suggest that paraffin might actually indicate that it could be kerosene.

Others say that the only way is to keep the chain clean after every ride. But the test were very much detailed. 

So would you lubricate your chain with wax?

I tried doing this this afternoon.  I mixed a little water, baby oil, kerosene and candle wax and heated the same in a can in low fire for two minutes.  Then I brushed the mixture on chains after I cleaned them.  

The results were outstanding.  The chain felt slippier and I pedalled easier.  Maybe you should try this. 

No comments: