Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cratoni helmets from Germany, retails at $160, now available in US

Real Cyclists

From From Roadbike Review by Thien Dinh | March 11, 2013

Head protection is an important area that bikers must pay attention to.  I used to buy helmets that cost P300.00 each from the supermarket stores.  After a crash, for which I had P80,000.00 operation on the face to repair a fracture, I invested in a Spyder carbon fiber laced.  It set me back by P2,700.00

Now the Cratoni helmet which sells for  $160.00, with carbon fiber frame weights merely superlight 200 grams (that is light)  I has carbon fiber reenforcement. (You need that since helmets are made of styropor, they can just fall apart to pieces when they get old).  I guess you have to change your helmet often because of the main material that is used.

 

No comments: