Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I love this bike

Real Cyclists

Angono, Rizal   PHL   |  March 12, 2013



Last week, I tried to clean the sprockets of my bike.  I tried the strip of cloth, but still there were dirt inside despite using strips of cloth.  So I had to dismantle the sprocket.  One thing led to another -  the derailleur were also grimy.  I had to remove the derailleur pulley and soak the parts in kerosene to remove the grime.

I dipped too the chain into the degreaser.  Then I checked the ball bearing and grease of the axle.  They are grimy and the grease seemed to have failed.  The ball bearings were also scored.  I have to buy a new set and bought new grease -  the heavy duty type -  the one colored green.

Now my bike looks great and when I used it last Sunday, it rode well (so did I)  I love this bike.


                               I can do the disassembly because I have complete set of tools




No comments: