Monday, October 20, 2014

I want to be a better rider despite my advancing age; did I yesterday?

Wheels of Happiness

Angono, Rizal  Philippines   |  October 20, 2014

I think and I hope I am right that yesterday was one of my best bike ride ever, considering that I was tired from my commute ride visit to San Fernando La Union before, and ride home today from San Fernando, to Dagupan via San Carlos City. I had complete night rest, had plenty of water and right mindset.

From Angono to Morong

We spun from Angono to Morong.  I rode up to the head of the peloton, and when the group of Argonauts overtook us I gave a chase which I was able to do up to convention center.  The peloton took the cue and they took over the chase chore.  I was able to catch up with VM, Luis and Gerry at Morong (Namay)




From Morong to Pisong Kape

I rode ahead with  Engr June while the others were still preparing to ride.   Maybe I rode 30 kph and nobody was there up to KM 57 when Engr June,Gerry, Erning, and Gerry appeared from nowhere and chased after them up to Pisong Kape.  There was no stopping

From Pisong Kape to Jalajala cemetery

Erning, Pres Luis, Gerry and I pedaled on to Jala cemetery and were intact up to the cemetery.  Maybe we did 30 kph.  I alternated with them at the head of the peloton.  I was surprised I was not dropped.

From Jalajala cemetery up to Punta

At about 3 km from the cemetery, I rode up front and never relinquished the post from the Jalajala cemetery up to Punta.  Maybe they were just riding riding.

From Punta up to Pisong Kape

Maybe they were riding easy up to Quisao but I was near the head of peloton.  There were about 3 or 4 who broke away.    I was overtaken by the group and left behind at the last hill before the junction.  But I was happy, I was not left behind.

From Pisong Kape up to Cardona

I chased the troop up to Km 53 (near the memorial park) where we left others behind, and others  left us too.  I noticed that we always get behind after the hill climb.

When I arrived in Cardona there were other left behind.  they arrived some 4 minutes later.

I was so happy that for all the segments of the ride, I was at the head, or middle, but not last.

Great improvement.  Congratz to me.

No comments: