Thursday, October 16, 2014

Now I know the meaning of being edgy, after having ridden side by side with 20 wheeler trucks

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines   | October 16, 2014



This morning I brought my Fuji bike again to the fiberglass shop to have the front derailleur repaired.  The initial repair did not last and had to be repaired.  However on the way, there were two very long 20 wheelers (hauling gravel and sand from LaFarge quarry in Angono to Megawide)  The truck drivers were rather competitive and had a lot of hustle.  As he drove he was driving towards the edge of the road and I had to ride carefully because I might fall and run over by the long truck.

On the way back I passed 5 long trucks. Of course we do not want to be frightened by these behemoths lest we lose control and crash.

I had to ride close to right side of the road, at the edgy.  Now I know what i means to be edgy.

Everyday when we ride we are at risk:   MC on counterflow;   jeepneys riding, buzzing close by, pedestrians suddenly crossing the street;  cars speeding by as we speed with only inches to spare.   And now these huge long trucks, driving fast on narrow roads in Muzon.

 God bless our ride always.



No comments: