Monday, September 19, 2011

What to Do When you Chain Jump on the Gears?

Have bike, we will help save the earth...

As we were climbing Caliraya, the chain  of Angel jumped on the sprocket.  He could not concentrate on his climb.  I told him to adjust his barrel adjuster by l/2 turn.  I thought he knew where it was.  He said he did he turned it but his chain continued to jump on the sprocket.  As an excuse to rest, I went down my bike and adjusted his barrel adjuster.  The jumping stopped.

So I asked him, how does he store his bike after a ride.  He said, the chain is on the largest, and the sprocket likewise is on the largest gear.

I told him to rest all the cables by putting the shift on the smallest chainwheel in front and sprocket at the back.  If the cables are taught because they are on the largest ring or sprocket, the cable will stretch and the gears change will be missed.   Please take note of this helpful tip so you do not make frequent trips to the mechanic.

No comments: