Thursday, September 1, 2011

Some New Tips on Cleaning the Bike

Have bike, we will help save the earth...

Last Aug 30, 20ll, since it was a holiday, despite my aching muscles and joints, I cleaned my 3 bikes. The one that I used for Real ride, the Fuji SL -l was really grimy. Because of passing through the muddy and rutted road along KM 92 at Real. So I cleaned the underside the body with spray of water, being careful not to wet the axle.

Then I made a mixture of water, joy liquid detergent, and very little kerosene to clean the chain ring, the sprocket and most especially the chain. I had to use the cotton buds to remove sand and grime from in between the chain. Then I soaked the chain in the mixture that I prepared. Sprayed again the chain with water. Then wiped dry the chain, the sprocket, and the chain ring.

Here comes the interesting part. The advice that I got said that use light oil, not WD 40 or diesel fuel, or 2t oil to oil the chain. Use light oil. Use baby oil. So I had to buy baby oil.

So remember these: joy liquid detergent to clean the chain and other body parts, and baby oil to oil the chain.

To repel the dirt next time, spray WD 40 on the frame.

No comments: