Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Training for Audax of Baguio Ride - practice ride to Sampaloc Daranak falls

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
March 8, 2016

My muscle, joints, knees and hips still ache from excesses of last Sunday race. I slept soundly last night until this morning and yet I decided to have a practice ride to Sampaloc.

I stopped at KM 64 and decided to make a turn for Daranak falls which I thought was a simple ride.  But no.  It was as if I rode straight to Sampaloc and even worse than that.  There was a return route that was not unlike Majayjay.  True to the prediction of an old woman, I had to walk about 200 meters to the summit near Aurora sign.   It would not have been had I not answered a query from somebody in Innova who inquired where Daranak falls was (Naturally I had to stop.  It is difficult to restart from a middle of an incline.  I had to find spot where I could start sideways/crosswise)

I would have made 90 km distance today, plus a degree of difficulty of about 4 (out of 5)

By Friday, I would do a right turn for Jarels peak.

No comments: