Friday, January 16, 2015

My bike ride today January 16, 2015

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines   |  January 16, 2015

I rode today despite very cold morning air.  I wore a lightweight  Specialized Jacket given to me by my sister in US about 5 years ago.  However in Cardona I was all ready perspiring.

Encounter with other bikers.

Some MTBs passed me in Pantok, however I tried to catch up with them.  I caught up with them at Calumpang road and of course they were no match for the small cogs of roadies.

Then just before Lagundi (it was supposed to be a RR (rest and recovery day) however, I was teased into biking faster than I was supposed to)  I passed two bikers with GHillls jersey.   I promptly passed them.  They had TT gear and maybe they were for a show.  They tried to pass me at km 54, however I dropped them again.   Other groups of riders, mostly MTBs were also passed in a similar manner.

On the way back, I tried to catch up with a rider in Saxo jersey from Teresa who looks like he is competitive rider.  I understand his surname is Pineda.  Going up to  TAnay and Baras Hills and even downhill, I was ahead, however at the flat, near km 51 he overtook me and tried to catch up with Mr. Fixie.  (the elderly rider who rides a 52 x 14 fixie bike)

No comments: