Saturday, February 20, 2016

P20 t for two bikes on a proposed swap deal?

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
February 20, 2016

In my eagerness to get a high end MTB with XT parts and Rockshox, I proposed a swap deal:  a BN  SAVA carbon fiber bike whose SRP is P140,000  which was sold for 80% discount for me by a relative, and a SARS aluminum bike with Ultegra components, and FSA carbon fiber 172.5 crank.   I expected to give say additional P10t cash to complete the deal.  The counter offer was the two bikes plus 40t.  It was definitely  a deal destined to be completed. I backed out and just decided to wait for the right buyer for the SAVA bike, and just ride the SARS to the ground.  So I cleaned it and rode it again today.

I told this about to be misdeal to Armin Z and said that is normal in a swap deal where the the other side lowball  your items and highball theirs.   So much for swap deals.  Better pay them in cash and lowball them.

No comments: