Monday, December 9, 2013

How I rode yesterday December 8, 2013

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal, Philippines  December 9, 2013

                                Fine view at KM 51, a great day to bike

I left at about 6:45 and passed by as usual at Sacred Heart Parish in Tayuman, Binangonan, Rizal to pray and get blessings from Fr. Willy.  It was the feast of Immaculate Concepcion.  After the blessing, "Ite missa est"  I started my ride.  A group of Taytay riders was passed by the moment I stepped out of church yard and I gave a chase.  They were not doing so fast, maybe 29 to 31 and I caught up with them near Tagpos and even went up ahead of their peloton in Bilibiran.  There I overtook Ben.  I guessed Ben did not recognize me.  Then I waited for Ben in Darangan, and he recognized me this time.  We rode slowly until Mambog.  I surged until the top.

In Cardona, Choco2 and VM caught up with us.  They were again with a group of hard riding Taytay riders and they were sweating profusely.   At Callahan, I tried to attack VM who was ahead.  I was on 50 x 19 and spun.  I was ahead until the Queen Mary hospital, Choco attacked and I tried to chase him.  Downhill, VM passed me.  Immediately after descending, at the last curve, I attacked the two and passed Choco2 who was ahead.  Near Bagombon, the duo passed me and I waited for Ben to arrive.  I was able to take his picture pa.

Then lugaw at Simples.  That was about 8:00 am .  At about 8: 15, we left for Pisong kape.    I was at the rear of the first group.  I again chased the group, and Vic was in front of him.  Past Lagundi, I overtook the first peloton, and I stopped their picture at KM 50 in Baras.  I gave a chase again, and I saw that Ernie Mariposa (the father of Choco2) and Vic lost steam and were left behind.   I did not  catch the rest.  But at km 59, I stopped, waited to take pictures of others.  I was surprised that I was ahead of VM, Master E, Edgar, Sigmond Ado.  I took their pictures.  It was unusual for me to be ahead and take pictures.

I left the group at at Pisong Kape at about 9+ to ride up to Bugarin.  I employed the large chain ring.  I pedaled at 50 x 23, or 50x25.  That made my legs and thighs cry in pain again.  But I compensated by riding slowly.

On the way back, I came across a group of 3:   one lady and 2 Caucasians all on  TT or tribikes.  I gave chase and even passed them uphill at Maybancal (from DPWH up to barangay hall).  This time I can give a chase.  I can surge and even attack.  (Yabang po)

Unfortunately, the Bugarin ride made me come late for Armin's birthday celebration.

Happy birthday again Armin, maski di umabot ng kainan.

I was able to stop and take their pictures in time:

                                       Ben at KM 44 in Morong Rizal


                                          Choco2, Chieboy and Pareng Luis at KM 50 in Baras


                                       Vic, Joseph, Gerry and Alan at KM 50


                            Edgar adn Sigmond at the last Hill Crest, KM 59 in Halayhayin Pililla


                              VM and Master E, at the last hill crest, just before Pisong Kape

No comments: