Tuesday, December 31, 2013

To All Our Recyclists Friends, Happy New Year, Cheers!

Wheels of Happiness

Angono, Rizal, Philippines |  December 31, 2013



Today is the last day of 2013.  Looking back to the year (that was 2013) we had undertaken some extreme, very long, difficult, challenging, thigh burning, long busting rides:

1.  Manila to Baguio ride
2.  Angono to Lemery ride
3.  Angono to Kaybiang tunnel in Ternate climb

These were true tests of our endurance, speed, determination, courage, equipment and our character.
And we all passed the test.  Not so many bikers could do what he had done.  We belong now to the stratosphere of real bikers.

For the first time in my life, I could call myself as a Real Cyclists (Re Cyclist)

I started out in cycling as a therapy for painful back legs (rayuma).   A doctor head of PT in  MM hospital prescribed to me a bike as a cure to an ailment that would make a paralytic.  Lo and behold, after two weeks of biking on a P3t mountain bike, my rayuma was gone.  My mobility was back:  my blood chem became normal:    uric acid and cholesterol.   The BS went down but not much.  I had to do more.

I ended up with five bikes;  I sold my mountain bike.   The two others were given and/or sold.  I have three;   the two others are spare. You never know when  you get flats as you leave house.


 


It is a great honor and privilege to be part of the group.  By sticking close to the peloton, or trying to catch up, I know I became stronger and I know I can ride faster than 25 kph (maybe 30+ kph)  I can stick with peloton of some triathletes.




Thanks again guys for being friends and companions in cycling, and giving us the inspiration to ride faster, stronger, and farther.

(This site now has about 70,000 pageviews, a far cry from the 500 that took us  6 months to achieve)

Thanks also to the followers and readers of this site.  Jorgeusbiker

God bless and  a blessed and prosperous Happy New Year ahead of us 

No comments: