Sunday, December 22, 2013

My less than P100 rechargeable LED flashlight on Fuji Bike (Do It Yourself)

Wheels of Happiness

Angono, Rizal  Philippines  December 22, 2013



Merry Christmas to all cyclists around the world, and those who love good health and long life.!

After two rides which saw us arrive late and dark passing through C6, I decided to have my own lamps at the bikes. It is a safety move.  I punctured my tires during the Tagaytay ride.   I was uncomfortable just riding behind the beam of somebody elses flashlight.

I tried to evaluate the available flashlights:

1.  Richard Ang's flashlight cost P450.00 with mount, excluding the AAA batteries which should set you back by Php 100.00++ and this lasts up to 3 hours at most.

2.  The Cat Eye halogen lamp. This cost P1,500, uses halogen lamp and uses 4 AA batteries.  My it is expensive to maintain.   I gave up on the one I bought. I have to own a battery store/factory to keep up with its maintenance.

3.  VMs Led lamp with a rechargeable battery cost P2,000.00.

4.  The Chinese made LED flashlight that are rechargeable.  It does not need battery, and one charge is good for  10 hours of use.   The 4 LED costs P69.00 (what a price) and the one that I just acquired only P45.00 with one LED.  Surprisingly, this brighter.

All you have to do is to mount this as per this You Tube video/post.

And above is the finished product.  All for less than P100.00  (P72.00) to be exact:

P45.00 flashlight
P23.00 stainless steel  pipe clamp
P4.00 for cable tie clamp.

DIY (Do it yourself is cheaper)

Improvised Bike LED lamp

Cheap bike light mounts

Why dont you try doing this?  It is cheap to do and will really light your way at night.

No comments: