Friday, December 6, 2013

Improvised LED bike lamp

Wheels of Happiness

Angono, Rizal, Philippines   |  December 6, 2013




Last Sunday early departure and late arrival last Sunday last December 1, 2013 on our bike ride to Ternate made me realize that I should have a bike lamp.  I did have.  But the cheap one did not last long and was not bright enough to lamp the road ahead.  And the lamp had such a short life.  I bought a Cat Eye and set me back by l,500 and it too consumed a lot of batteries.  It needed four batteries and which lasted for probably just 4 hours.
Based on my post on cheap bike light mounts, , lamps, I made an LED flashlight installation myself.  It cost me:


LEd flashlight   -   China made, rechargeable, with 4 LED  -  range l50 meters       -    P69.00

Hose clamp   1"                                                                                                                  23.00

Cable ties (2) x P5.00 each                                                                                                10.00

Total                                                                                                                                 102.00

vs P450.00 with mounting by Richard.  I used cable ties to wrap around the flashlight;   I used the hose clamp to attach to the bike handle bar.

See my new flashlight









Cheap bike light mounts



No comments: