Sunday, December 22, 2013

Our bike ride today, December 22, 2013

Wheels of Happiness

Angono, Rizal  Philippines   |  December 22, 2013

                                      Papasko po Kuya  at KM  63

Merry Christmas to all cyclists and health loving people all over.!

I left at about 6:30 this morning.  It was still dark by then.  I went to the Sacred Heart Church, said my prayers and left.  There was no mass.

I was joined by Ado in Bilibiran, and we just rode and spun  And we told stories about Kay Biyang Tunnel (the Ternate ride)  The other cyclists from Taytay were amazed at what we did.  He stood up and raced by Mambog and I kept up until the downhill to Cardona.  I showed the way at Callahan.  And maybe I was 30 secs ahead by the time we hit the Morong Cardona boundary.  I took pics of the pollution.  And let Ado passed by.  We were in Simples Lugawan by 7:20 and a handful were there:  VM,  Joel, Gerry Cataps, Vic, and later came Master.  Many did not bike.  Jun Francisco was the topic of discussion.  We had our usual lugaw and buchi.

Then we rode out to Pisong Kape by 8:15 and we were there by a little under 9.  I was with VM at peloton until KM 53 where I stopped for pictures.   I then allowed the 7 11 guys and Choco overtake me at km 57.   I went past Pisong Kape and went up to Bugarin to buy buko.





Up at KM 69, the former residents houses were demolished by DPWH.  Road squatters.  Nevertheless I got my buko for P12. Weng was with me and he was hunting for buko meat for buko salad. At KM 69, we was quoted P150 per kg.   Fortunately, there was no tool for grating the buko meat.

He was able to get the same for only P120.00.  I biked down and was confronted by many children asking for papasko.

To give or not to give.  I did not have enough coins.   So I passed.  Would you?

                             Vic, former officer of Baras Cycling club, rebuilding stamina


                                    VMs hair is now kulot na kulot na


                                Pres Luis rides ahead of a Defender 110 arriving at Maybancal


                                             What is Joel doing?


                             Luis, Ben, Nolite, Gerry Y, Ado and Joel

                                       They did not join the Kaybiang ride, what is the penalty?


                             Gerry, VM and Vic preparing to depart for the Pisong Kape ride

                                     My Fuji bike at KM 68, I used heavy gear going up 50 x 23


 x                    House and fruit stalls demolished last December 16, 2013 only, bad timing?



                               Nice view of mountains and grassland approaching KM 67 at Bugarin



                              Approaching KM 68


                                        Magnificent view of Laguna Lake at KM 69


                                  Pristine beauty of Laguna Lake.


                               Descending to KM 69


                                  Heron birds in Morong ricelands;  is Morong Gerona too?


                                      Heron bird looking for fish?  Is there fish here?

No comments: