Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fixing the damaged bike from the crash last Sunday

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
December 10, 2017

Image may contain: one or more people, people riding bicycles, bicycle and outdoor


While my wounds were still aching, I attended to the fixing of the bike that was damaged in the crash with kapadyak Alan in Jalajala. The left side of QR (that is the direction of my fall)  the left pedal were badly scratched.  The handle bar and the wheel were misaligned (not at right angle)  the STI were misaligned and the cover of the STI,  The rear wheel and the axle has a slight play also (the plastic that are coated metallic) was badly scratched too.  No use crying over these ugliness that has befallen the bike.

So although limping, i picked up the hex  wrench and adjusted the STI, handle bar, removed the rear wheel set and tightened the  axle.  It was opportunity to clean the chain and the cogs.

I hope I can have painless knees soon so that I can join the ride this coming week end.  I may use an MTB maybe.

No comments: