Sunday, January 29, 2017

Ascending Teresa on 42 x 32

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 29, 2017

I practiced going up Teresa solo after going to Baras last Friday January 27, 2017 and then to Antipolo. There was heavy traffic before the town proper (before the town market  They must improve the traffic management there, the tricycle, the loading  and unloading) And then up the hills.  I used only 42 (which Pareng Luis says unduly stresses the chain) up to 32 and 36.  I am surprised that I could manage the climb (as I managed the climb to Sampaloc and I did not have to get down. Engr. June said he did get down)

On the final hill, a roadie caught up with me .  He had a Litespeed titanium.  He said he is from Town and  Country, and a systems engineer in Makati.   But having an MTB gave me an advantage over his bike.  I could surge;  he could not

Thereafter I went to Antipolo church where I heard mass

No comments: