Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Riding for speed and strength - sprint practice

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 4, 2016

I had short rides last January 2 and 3.  But I practiced sprints.

On January 2, 2017 coming from Binangonan, I saw 3 riders two on roadies, and one on MTB at fast pace before  Bilibiran.  They must be doing 30 kph and I gave a chase.  (I was on Mosso MTB) and did 30+ kph and with the tires squealing.   I overtook them before the bridge but then past Grandspan, and after the elevated road, they overtook them again.  Before the Gate 2 of SCH, I had more speed and overtook them.  I peeled off from them at Budget Lane.

On January 3, 2017,  yesterday, I did three hard sprints at Calumpang road.   I shifted to 42 x 17 and pedalled hard first doing 34 to 37 kph.   and then at Island gas Pantok (hill) managed to do only 30 kph max and then ran out of wind.  Experts say that efforts like this develop your energy system and anaerobic capability.  

It shows.  Later during the day, I am bone tired and fatigued and sleep for at least 2 hours in the afternoon.

No comments: