Monday, February 16, 2015

There are many senior riders on the road, and they do no like their age

Wheels of Happiness

Mabuhay ang seniors  | February  16, 2015

        Bennie V, 63 year old fmr insurance exec, now retired

On the way back from Pisong Kape as I was saddling up, two riders one in MTB and the other on a road bike, one was wearing red (the MTBiker) and the other on a Riddley carbon with aero wheels, whizzed by.  I tried to give chase on the way up the Pililla hill but they got far and was able to get near at KM 58 (about 1 km away) I interviewed the MTB who said he came from Morong (nakapark pala ang sasakyan nila sa Morong)   The one who was pulling the ride was Bennie, a 63 yo senior from Quezon City.  He used to be an insurance executive and was embarking on a health journey.  He did Sierra Madre all ready.

I tried to drop the two at San Fabian (near the Morong Baras boundary hill) by standing with my hand on the drops.  And then past the Lagundi intersection. I stopped by in front of DPWH for picture taking.  Bennies son, Ilo was all ready there.  He is a triathlon athlete

                    Ilo, his son, and brother Eli

   Another senior I met at Antipolo church last wee, Abe 66, he is from Pasig City

No comments: