Sunday, May 28, 2017

I had to replace my MTB chainring; I lost the tensioner bolt the second time

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
May 28, 2017

I had to replace the SAVA crank/chainring set for it lost the tensioner bolt the second time.  I lost the original tensioner bolt and I bought a new one from bike parts/ph in Masinag (c/o Jam) but lost it again 2 days after I replaced it.   It could be that the spline is all ready worn out.

I looked for replacement and settled for Fun Ridge crank at Ciclismo which I got for P2,500.  It had bigger spline and was almost like an octalink (robust construction) and came with its own bottom bracket.

After tightening the crank tensioner and the crank bolts to the max, I do not forsee any more missing problems with this crank in the future

No comments: