Sunday, August 21, 2011

Aug 21, 2011 ride is one of Most Memorable Challenging Rides

Have bike, we will help save the earth...

I was able to start this blog late because I have sore thighs legs and body from the bike ride today. It is more challenging (more difficult) than either Baguio or Atimonan ride.

First there was this Lawis thing (like Lawin would be more appropiate for Hawk) It is about 3 km uphill continuous ride uphill with no break or recovery. And then the two hills: Antipolo and Mary Hills. You could have quit on any of the two hills. One actually walked. He was in front of me. But I didnt. The Lawis is longer than Tikling to Beverly Hills; the hill climb is more difficult than Valley Golf. By the time we were in Foremost, Carden Cottages and Bureau of Soils we were beat up and ready to quit. (I heard this from other bikers. I too nearly did that; except that I am not a quitter)

It is sad to note that the brother of Maste Edwin died climbing Sierra Madre. So we should not force the issue when we are really tired and fatigued

No comments: