Monday, September 9, 2013

Why do some bikers still die of heart disease or have large tummies?

Real Cyclists

Angono Rizal,  PHL   September 8, 2013

                                      VM and Nanding

While waiting for other bikers, VM discussed with me a conversation with a triathlete who makes bike jersey.   He saw his sample and found it to be wanting.   Then they went into a conversation why do some triathletes/bikers still die of lifestyle diseases.

Well he said, maybe their lifestyle did not change.   After a bike ride, they have socials they drink liquor and partake of fatty foods.  If you must be healthy, biking alone will not make you healthy and fit.  You have to include nutrition and change of lifestyle.  If you dont, then you will not be very healthy.

About this topic, a traveler had a conversation at lunchtime in resto in Famy where we had lunch.  He inquired where we were from and my age.  I said I am 62.  And he said, how come you have  very flat tummy?

Why do I have  flat tummy-  I do sit ups while watching TV (many times)   I try to count how many push ups I can do in 10 seconds (3x to 5x) And I eat only 1 cup of rice at lunch, and avoid a full meal at night.

Make your children studying in UST/FEU escape suffering from commute and heavy traffic. Check this out

No comments: