Friday, April 9, 2021

Installing the brake pads on campy bike

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
4.09.2021

Uploading: 447566 of 447566 bytes uploaded.



Because of economizing on brake pads (I lost the two pads before - wrong installation?) I used SRAM swiss stop which may be too hard on the carbon rim.  Result - ruined rims at the back wheel - Bora

It costs me a fortune to have the carbon repair.  According the shop, there were 3 places were the wheelset was crooked.   (Result of the MC collision at Mabalacat last year)

This post inquired from Sir VM this spare brake pad and he sent me two sets (of 4 pads each) and this must cost a fortune.   

This post finished the installation under two hours.     VM warned me it would take herculean effort to install this.  But I sprayed alcohol and detergent and this was no problem.   

No comments: