Monday, April 26, 2021

Exercise caution in buying from e commerce platforms.

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
4.25,2021


Uploading: 1388418 of 1388418 bytes uploaded.









Earlier this post noticed certain challenging practices in a popular ecommerce platform.  I notice this because I spend most of my time, due to stay at home order, browsing goods on display at their platform and notice some challenges:

1.  Incredibly low price.   Unbelievable.  And then you notice that the store owner wants you to connect with them directly via telephone or whats app.  There is no dp first, then asks for dp.  After you make your dp the owner disappear.   The P15K Cruz is just a bait.

2.  Featuring the whole product and the accessory (say a sticker which is cheap)   You may think you will get the main product but you will get only the sticker or a bolt or nut, and then you will be angry.  (You did not read the ad well)

3.  Another baiting technique    Say they price a hub for P1,500.  But the whole set contains front, rear, and the skewers.    The P1,500 will be for the front hub only and as you click the color family the whole set may cost actually P5,000+   So dont just order.

4.  Wrong send.  I ordered a supposedly high end bike during the e commerce birthday, and I got the deal cheap   however:

     1.  I got the wrong color -  black instead of  yellow
     2.  I got the wrong size -  29er instead of 27.5 er
     3.  They sent me China gs instead of Japanese group set.

     The brakes are binding and not properly adjusted.   

If I send the whole thing back, it would take me 2 mos to get the right merchandise (hopefully) and taxes might be paid. 

Its hard to talk to people who do not understand our language; and who practice what we know they are

Better buy from local vendors.    They are also cheap now, you can get free installation

No comments: