Saturday, April 3, 2021

Planned improvements(upgrades) on my MTB

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
4.03.2021












This post plans to sell one of the MTBs and focus on the TI bike to improve its capability:

    1.  Purchase a new pedal about 1k in a e commerce platform;
    2.  Invest in hydraulic brake bleeder set (all that I lack is the cup where you put the mineral oil.  )
    3.   Invest in a 180mm or 203 mm  rotor disk (the problem is with the adaptor)  This will according to a post, increase breaking torque between 20 to 30%.  and make you go faster.  You can go latebreaking) and say have more confidence in negotiating steep hills and dexcents.   
    4. Invest in a quad braking system that will boost your ability to modulate your braking.  Its heavier though by about 40 grams.    I plan to do it later because published prices was at P15k plus.   There are fakes I think (or Malaysia version of Shimano of about  P6 to 9K.  But I saw one that costs only P3K
(However tests showed that this set up had problems).   

I would like to say that I did not really pay attention to the MTB through all these years because of the job pressure and pre occupation with high end RB, the S and P bikes that cost me 7 numbers.

The improvement in bike is not really a sickness but a journey to knowing more things about biking 
and the equipment.    You test the videos and articles you have seen, and that generates a sense of achievement, excitement and growth

That makes biking, MTB or RB more fulfilling.  

However on my bike ride yesterday, after talking to a grizzled MTB rider, I was advised that investing in bigger disk or quad bike is not advised if you are not hardcore trail rider.   For most purposes an MT200 hydro brakes and 160 mm disc rotor is sufficient.  








No comments: