Sunday, January 31, 2016

Recyclists bike ride today January 31, 2016

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 31, 2016.

It is the last day of the month. On Saturday, February 6, 2016, there is a scheduled return to San Felipe, and I heard about 10 riders are joining.  I left at 7:00 to bike to Pililla, Pisong Kape or possibly to Bugarin.  I brought my SARS bike (with MTB gears).  On the way, a group of Taytay riders passed me by at Pag asa.  I tried to keep up with them  until Mambog where they dropped me.  From Pag asa to Mambog however, I realized that they are not that Class A riders.  Oca Chua, who won a criterium race in Technopark yesterday was with us.

Thereafter, I came across  MTB riders from Pantok in Cardona and they overtook me at Callahan.  I got in contact with them and passed them at the flats at the Morong Cardona boundary.    Somebody gave chase at Km 51 but he disappeared at Km 52 because of too much rapid pedaling..  Passed again several MTBs along the way until Pililla.  I towed somebody though until Halayhayin and cursed him for not doing his sharing of breaking air.  There I saw a growing crowd of bikers assembling for the try outs.

About 10 roadies passed me near P y and I tried ot give chase and I passed an oldie whom I learned was Mang Cenon (72 yo) who knows VM.

I ate my Lugaw at Pisong Kape and it took 30 minutes for it to arrive. The food server who got the money forgot about it, and when I followed it up, she had wrapped up in plastic for take home.

The Recyclists arrived soon after:   Master E, Edgar, Meong, Joel, Pres Luis, Papa Ric, Nolite, Alan and Erning Mariposa.  He had his youngest with him, riding an MTB.  They said Gerry and company rode to Cartimar in Pasay to buy parts

On the way going home, I was ahead until the uphill at Tanay Baras boundary.   We again regrouped at the Cardona Morong boundary eatery

No comments: