Thursday, January 21, 2016

Practice ride for return ride to San Felipe on Feb 6, 7, 8

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 21, 2016

There is a plan to ride again to San Felipe Zambales at Jeff place this coming Feb 6,7, and 8.  Many are joining like Pres Luis, Jess, Meong, and even Edgar.  They asked me if I will join.  Maybe.

So I practiced today, 50 km out to Jala jala and back for total of 100 km.  It took me 3 hours out and 3 hours back.  I brought  my SARS bike with me.  I would not last with the MTB for this ride.

I found out that I could ride bigger gears this time.  without hurting my legs.  But  the gears were relative easy like 44 x 15.  I could do it without standing.

One of the very pleasant experience I had (although I was dropped by an MTB rider in Cardona, because I missed a shift, and the chain dropped out of the chain ring ) was passing a Baytown young rider at Namay.  He passed me near the church but he slowed at the first ascent and looked back.  But then I sprinted spinning and caught up with him just after the cemetery.  He did not give a chase

I met some Binangonan riders at Pisong Kape, Ed (7 days) and Ed Naval (walang praktis)  I was wearing the Liquigaz uniform just like Boy Navals.

I arrived 1:30 pm and as Meong saw me that I rode late, I told him that we need that kind of riding, at noon up to 3 pm (I did not know that temperature went up to 35 degrees Celsius today - quite hot)


No comments: