Friday, January 15, 2016

Why so many riders are getting hooked to MTB?

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 15, 2016


I am wondering why of the 30 or so riders of Recyclists (all road bikers) the number has dwindled down to less than 20.  One (Willy quit) while others I understand shifted to Mt. Biking  I know one who is selling his road bike to go full time mt biking.

I have gone out less than 10 times on the Mt. Bike.  Now I understand the joy and discovery of nature and adventure on a mt bike.

One time, at the diversion, I tried the road less travelled at Sunshine fiesta.  I found a dirt road to the meadows (former rice field) and ended up on a road going to Mambog.  The roads there are rather steep but it was no problem to the SAVA mt bike.

Today, I biked to La Farge Republic (Mahabang Parang) 2x and on the way home biked the dirt trail to Sapang Dulangan. Time to revisit where my mother washed our clothes and drove her on an old Datsun 200C (limousine ni Nida Blanca before as the drivers story went)  Then at Wawa, I also rode to the trail going right at the edge of the river and the Laguna Lake.

The book on Mt Biking say that there a thousand and one destination, endless adventures to be had when one goes out on a mt. bike.  There are always new place to visit.  At the road bike, it is always the road that you see, and only destinations that differ.  It is the speed the length of the ride that differ.

Now I see and understand why many bikers shift to MTB, or why there are more MTB riders

No comments: