Friday, January 1, 2016

No bike ride today, January 1, 2016; it is raining

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 1, 2016

I can not bike today. There is a light drizzle.  It is going to be cold and dirty ride if I do so now, if not dangerous because of slick road.  It was raining at 12:00 midnight.  This failed to dampen the massive fireworks display last night.  Wow they had money to burn, which I find rather odd if they worked hard for the money.   (It must have been several hundreds of thousands of pesos worth of fireworks.

Yesterday though, to prepare for the coming new year, I did the following to my three bikes (2 roadies and 1 MTB)

1. washed them thoroughly with soap and water and wiped them dry;

2.  replaced the bike pads of the SARS bike.  It was tricky, since I had to readjust the centring, the cable tightness, the alignment of the pads with the rim, etc.  It was a work for a mechanic.

3.  replaced the cable for the FD of SARS bike.

Now they are ready for the 2016 rides

Happy and prosperous new year every one.

No comments: