Sunday, January 3, 2016

The SAVA MTB is faster at the downhill

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 3, 2016

If you are a roadie, riding MTB can really improve your riding in many ways:

1.  you develop faster cadence in pedalling and nabibilog ang pagpedal rather than padyak

2.  you tend to finish your climb sitting

3.  since the bike is heavier to pedal, you tend to develop stronger legs and thighs to power your road bike ride; and thus you can pedal harder at the sprints or climb;

4.  you tend to be more consistent and patient as you pedal up long climbs.

One of the greatest advantage is think is going downhill.   As I descended Antipolo yesterday, from the first downhill right hand curve at the one way portion,  3 roadies overtook me.  Approaching last Brisa I gave a chase and decreased the gap by about 30 meters.  I  passed the 3 near Palmera and I must be doing about 50+ kph.   Another successful MTB performance.  I hope you do not mind the bragging.

No comments: