Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Long Henson an MTB rider neighbor at 2nd St showed me his magnificent MTB

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
December 23, 2015

My neighbor, Long Henson, an MTB rider whom I did not recognize at a Jalajala ride, and whom I met at Villamayor parts in Pag asa and I finally met today.   Since it was start of Christmas vacation, I finally met him after watching for the chance to talk to him re island ride.

That is the reason why I wanted to have a MTB bike because of that invitation.  He said he texted me for the Marinduque ride. I was not able to recognize his text.

He showed me his two MTB that were modified and lightened.  One was Merida Carbon hardtail with 36 largest cog at the rear, 10 speed, and 2 chain wheel (32 and 22?) with Maxxis tires and wheel set that set him back by 20t each.  The bike weighs 10 kg or less (from the crank wheel set, tires) and grears (XTR -equivalent of Durace)

The other one is a trail bike full suspension,(front and rear) with lightened wheels.  With single chain (36) and 42 largest cog (Shimano - although SRAM would also have  the same configuration)

The 3rd bike which he did not show anymore was the ordinary bike which he uses for island tour.  It is not very light but will take you anywhere he said.

Great bike

No comments: