Monday, May 12, 2014

My bike ride log yesterday May 11, 2014

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal, Philippines | May  12, 2014



This blog was first thought of as a diary a log of rides and all the thoughts/events, ideas that are related to biking.  It also serves as reference point with the partners in case the biking is doubtful or becomes a source of irritant.

I started out about 6:50 and and as usual said prayers at the Sacred Heart Parish.  And of I went. A rider from Taytay, who is the manager of PR gas in Muzon overtook me and I gave chase.   He said he has been biking for a while. I was sucking his wheel up to Montevideo and I lost him at Cardona at downhill.



Then I was alone and past Callahan two riders overtook me, but before the boundary I overtook them. Then at Namay I took pictures of polluting vehicles.   I arrived 7:50 at Simples had my usual lugaw fare, and then at 8:30 joined the group to ride at Pililla. They were:   Jimmy, Edgar,  Gerry, Choco2 and Val.  Richard, Jayjay and Chito went home early.



                           Val, Richard and Jimmy at Pisong Kape, Edgar at the background


                                      Papard, Ric, Ed, Alan, Gerry and his pamangkin Choco2


                                  Edgar and Alan beside him


                                  The other bikers resting at Maybancal barangay hall


                                   One of the rare instance to see Boy Naval, also a senior rider


I started out early and biked hard early on because I know they will overtake me. I was ahead up to km 55 (that is up to Tanay intersection)  Then Jimmy overtook me and then Gerry but this time I stayed close.  They were no more than 100 meters away.  After we arrived at Pisong Kape, I took off for OL.  Angel accompanied me. We arrived at OL by 9:15



                                  Choco2, Master E and Angel at a fruit stand


                                     OL


                                        Our bikes parked near railings at OL

We met Master and Choco2 at OL.  We went down from OL by about 10:00 am.   Master and Choco rode fast.   Angel and I stopped at Pisong Kape but soon saw that Master E and Choco2 left.  We gave chase and could not see them anymore.


                                            Master, Jeff and Choco2




We rode up to Cardona where Angel had his buko and BJ. It was about 11.

I had to leave Angel who lives at Pantok by a little past 11.  And then I had halo2 at Bilibiran with Dong a MTBiker from Caloocan.

I was at home by 11:50.  It was so hot at that time.

I had to water the plants, bought pakwan at Wawa (P120) and crushed ice for home made halo halo. It was a tall order to carry a large pakwan in a backpack and carry the cooler containing P32.00 worth of crushed ice

Enjoying the refreshment:  pakwan and homemade halo2 is one of the perks to enjoy in this very hot weather,

                                       Angel eating his buko


                                    The irrigation ditches that power rice farming at Cardona


                                Jorgeusbiker has no flabs

No comments: