Sunday, May 18, 2014

My bike ride today May 18, 2014

Wheels of Happiness



I left at 6:00 am  early today. But I watched the fun run project of the Angono municipality.  I should have joined it but the P200.00 entrance fee prevented me from joining

I met Danny an MTB.  It was his first ride today after so many decades and he must have gained weight

I arrived at Maybancal by 7:00 am.  Who were present?  Choco2, Val, VM, Joel, Jericho, Jorgeusbiker, Jimmy, Alan, Jeff, Gerry K (Master and Gerry Y joined us later at Pisong Kape).




 And as usual we had the conversations with old friends. and then we left for Pisong Kape by 8:00 am.  I rode ahead with somebody who has Trek Domane 6.1 but could not get close.  The group caught with me at km 54 and I stuck with them till km 57.  I was getting stronger.  I was doing 35 kph probably and they may be doing 40.   May be I got to Pisong Kape 30 seconds later? We were there by 7:50 am


                                                 Joel, Val and Jericho M




                                             Jayjay and VM



                                             Boy Naval;  he  did not know he is our profile pic


                                                  Jimmy

I excused myself to go to OL.  I saw Jericho get ahead of me.  The 2 others did not pursue.  I got to Bugarin by 9:15 and not just at OL.  I overtook Mike Francisco and somebody from Taytay.

I took pictures of the fruit stands and even bought avocado, pineapple, and mango.

On the downhill, I overtook other bikers. I descended by 9:30am

I caught up with the group at Maybancal at about 10 am   And then we rode home.  I had a flat tire though at Cardona on the way up to Callahan.  Thanks to Jeff, VM they assisted me with my flats.  Thanks Jeff VM who lent mie his interior and adapter.

At our usual stop in Binangonan, we saw Tito on a motorbike.  We learned he had hepatitis and he is recovering.  He might have gotten this from eating food in one of our stops.

We got home by 11:30.  It was hot


                                       Preparing to leave Simples lugawan


                                          At Pisong Kape



                                    Val and Jimmy;  veteran riders
                                    Choco2 and Jericho are sinister looking (?)
                                  VM and Master


                                The two Gerry's:  Cataps and Y


More fruit stands appearing for P nya and Langka





                                          Mango vendors


No comments: