Monday, April 2, 2012

The Guys Are Flying on the Ride to Jalajala

Bike and Save the Earth

It was Palm Sunday today, April 1, 2012.  I started  out at 6:20 and met the guys at the boundary of Darangan and Calumpang;   Master Edwin had a flat tire.  As usual, our service center guy Joel was busy helping master.  

Then we continued biking:  some passed via the Cardona diversion, others were in the town.  I chose the Cardona dieversion and my 39 chain ring made me struggle.  However, I was not very much behind perhaps  1 minute max.

Then we had breakfast at Simples Lugaw that was about 7:20.  Joel and Master were delayed. At 8:00 we started out again for Jalajala.  It was however up to the cemetery because we were all ready delayed.   We were at Pisong Kape by 8:30;  and thereafter left Pisong Kape for Jalajala by 9:00 am.

Lo and behold we were at Jalajala (near the cemetery) by 9:30.  The guys were flying.  I was doing 35 and 37 and could not catch them.  (Well no excuses;  I did not have any road works this week, and only one stationary)

We drank softdrinks (coke and sprite, which we should be avoiding because it puts CO2 bubbles in the blood, plus phosphoric acid and HFCS) and ate watermelon (including the seeds and the rind) for anti ED problems (that is the natural Vit V!!!)

We had a brief meeting on the Visita Iglesia,  on Thursday and the Real Ride on April 8, 2012.  What are the duties of the team leaders.

At l0:00 we rode back to Pililla:   I was with the group until Malaya and then they pulled away.  But not more than 200 meters.  I have to improve my speed and endurance as I get tired.

The guys are flying:   they must be doing 40kph on the average:  Smith, VM, Tito, Armin

The speed at which we rode was surprising because we were at Angono, despite all the delays and the stops by l2:l5.  My wife was surprised;  she thought we only came from Morong.

Who rode with us?

As far as I remember:   Tommy, Guava, Master Edwin, Papa Ric, Smith, Luis, VM, Edgar (7days), Tito, Joel, Luis, Allan, Gerry Cataps, Weng, Jorgeus biker, Armin, Archie.  It was a pretty large bunch.  Plus on the way to Jalajala, we were joined by 3 young Binangonan Cycling Club riders.

No comments: