Friday, April 20, 2012

I Reconverted my Rear Wheel from 24 Spokes to 36 again!

Bike and Save the Earth



Three years ago, when the craze was for fewer spokes original wheels, many who are not so moneyed became copy cats (I was one of them) and tried to convert the 36 spokes wheel to 18.

However I encountered a lot of broken spokes every time especially on rear wheels.  I beefed up the wheels to 24 spokes.  Still more broken spokes every time, especially on long rides.

So today, to end the headaches associated with broken spokes,  I had the mechanic bring back the rear wheel to 36.  It cost me PHP 360, almost l/3 the cost of the wheel set.  But then again, I would save about Php l00 every time the spoke breaks, and the inconvenience during the ride.

And I feel more confident riding the bike with this reconfigured wheelset.  I do not have to worry when would the spokes break and affect my riding,.

No comments: