Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Repair of my Campy Ergo Shifter

Wheels of Happiness
 
Angono, Rizal  |  Philippines

 The Fuji Bike with brand new Clark bar tape; it is expensive
      
During the Bisikleta Iglesia last Maundy  Thursday, I brought the Fuji bike with Campy group set.  VM, the former owner of the Campy and the frame, and the Cosmic wheelset, saw something was amiss in the bike:  the shifter.  There were wires protuding from the shifter.

He suggested that I had it looked into and repaired.  He had problem before with his Campy and it was stuck and the Christy mechanic spent almost an hour having it unstuck.  He went to Christy last Saturday with Ven to buy a Mavic wheelset.  So I lost the opportunity to have it inspected and repaired soon.






I Googled the problem and saw that it could not be shifter spring, the shifter cable was OK.

I texted Boyeth of Haooh last Sunday afternoon and he did not reply.  So he said yesterday that it was all right to bring the bike.

I brought the bike to Haooh for Boyeth's repair.  And lo and behold he saw that the problem was with the cable outer had gone loose.  And it was not only for the left ergo but for the right as well.

So he changed the cables, the outers and the bar tape and set me back back by eight hundred plus.  O yes, he made GP to the carbon fiber front shifter that broke by tying it down with cable tie.  Smart guy eh.

Thanks Boyeth.

No comments: