Friday, April 18, 2014

I thought the Bisikleta Iglesia was a leisurely ride; but the peloton was doing 40 kph!

Wheels of Happiness

Angono, Rizal  Philippines  |  April 18 2014



I thought we would just do "padyak2" for the Bisikleta Iglesia.  I was mistaken.  We left Sacred Heart at 6:00 exactly.  We were at km 58 (about 30 km) at exactly 7:00 am.  That is doing 30 kph.  It was my first time ever to accomplish that.  Hence we were at Pisong Kape a little over 7:00 am.  Wind was whizzing past our ear, as maybe I was doing 30 kph.  Gerry K said they were riding at 40 kph Gerry Y and I were chasing one another.  Consider also that we were delayed by bare footed devotees in Cardona (Sanbaste) having a procession.

The speed returned to normal when we started riding to the churches.

                         The security forces stopped us in Cardona because of the devotees procession





                                          The ladies are walking barefoot



                                     Barefoot devotees


Here are other action pictures of the Recyclists yesterday:











No comments: