Saturday, April 19, 2014

I rode today Black Saturday and met Sec Joel, Master and Ado at Pisong Kape in Pililla

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines. | Black Saturday.

Despite having crashed on a Black Saturday about 4 yeas ago at Shang, I broke my nose bridge - the titanium eyeglass frame stuck into the bridge when I crashed after my roadbike wheels fell into their dangerous gratings,.  (I biked to Baguio on a Good Friday) I still biked today. (I did not bike on Good Friday though)

I left at 6:30 am and biked to Antipolo.  On the way near Aurora, I saw Ado.  I arrived at the church at around 7:10  Then stayed awhile at Antipolo church; there was no mass - only a vigil. I met Pres Luis at the gate of the  churchyard.



I was in Teresa by 7:30 and in Morong by 8:00 am  where I ate my lugaw at Simples Lugawan. I learned that they read the FB of Jorgeusbiker and read this post. Thank you po Simples Lugawan.  I asked if there were other Recyclists who dropped by.  She said Joel.  So I rode going to Pililla.

And there at Hacienta Pisong Kape,  I met Ado, Joel, Master and Sec.  We told stories for a while and talked about our blog and FB post.  They went ahead as I bought singkamas.   I was not able to catch up with them.  I was in Binangonan by 11:00 am and at Angono by 11:30.  It was very hot by then

My neighbor inquired how do I survive in the heat. I said because of the helmet and the quick dry fit clothes/jersey.  It was nice to be home

God bless every one.  Have a pleasant Black Saturday celebration/rest.

No comments: