Monday, October 7, 2013

How I biked yesterday, October 6, 2013

Real Cyclists

I left at 6:30 and as usual I went to the Sacred Heart Parish.  It was a lonely ride from Sacred Heart until I reached Mambog area.  I spun for most of the time but I tried to be in the 25+ kph speed.  There at Mambog, Richard and Armin caught up with me.  We took pictures of the accident and then biked on.

Seniors day?  I would break air for them

Armin and Richard told me they would not overtake me and I would be the one to break air for them.  I did hard interval going up at Montevideo, and even at Callahan.   Yet they were kidding me that I was getting stronger and I was loaded (kargado).  They allowed me to lead at Callahan, at the straightway from Cardona to Morong.  Then we stopped at Maybancal for Lugaw.  We were there at about 7:45.  Then we met the other guys:  Engr. June, Joel, Master, Richard, Armin  (VM was there)

At about 8:15, we started out for Pililla.  I tried to gain headway, but always and ever, they caught up with me at hillside between Tanay and Cardona but they were never far away. At most they were ahead of me by 500 meters or maybe l minute +.

Going back, I tried to be ahead and overtook Nolite at the Pililla ascent.   Going up at Baras the gang ganged up on me, however it was sweet revenge vs Eddie Pama who lost power as we raced for the summit.

I did not stop at Simples on the way home.  I negotiated LLDA using 53 x 23 (hard gears) to gain strength.

I was poofed out when I got home and this was indicative of the hard effort I put into the ride.


No comments: