Thursday, April 7, 2016

Real Ride on April 9, 2016

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
April 7, 2016


Image result for real infanta quezon


There is a plan to ride to Real on Araw ng Kagitingan on April 9, 2016.  I will join provided I join the birthday celebration of my wife.  Are you joining?

To prepare for this I did again a 3 loop ride at Binangonan Cardona loop (9 km one way)  So that is 9 x6 = 54 km  + 6 km up Binanogonan Munisipyo x 2 = 12 66 km.  That is a tough loop by the way.   7 hills in all.: Mambog, the Looc Hill, Callahan Diversion (3 hills) and LLDA (going back to Mambog)
I tried to ride Callahan at 34 x 13, 15.  Kaya.

The books recommend sprinting before the hill crest. I could only manage 15 kph going uphill, and 3x hill climb to develop strength and endurance.  (Tito Fabay is doing this as a routine)

At the flats when sprinting I am able to do now 40 kph (up from 35 kph last week) The Island gas sprint is still at 34 kph

Image result for cardona diversion road
                                   You can reach 50 kmh downhill at this portion

                          Pinaka makunat na portion ng climb from Morong (3x na sinalunga)

                        You could imagine the kind of work and effort I put into this ride today


No comments: