Monday, May 18, 2015

Preparing for the Sagada Ride

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines  May 17, 2015

My rides, I hope would prepare me for the 370+ km ride to Sagada.  So I left yesterday at 6:30 and arrived at 7:40 in Pililla.  The tropa who were at Maybancal (Simples Kape) chased me down and caught up with me at Km 57. Meong caught up with me in uphill between Baras and Tanay however  I overtook him at km 53 and he was with the peloton several km later.  They were ahead of me by seconds at Halayhayin.   All in all, I would have passed two dozen cyclists, mostly MTB

It was big chain ring ride.  I stayed at 53 and went down to as low as 25 even when climbing hills. (It is to develop strength)

I proceeded to KM 74 in Jala jala (Halayhayin or Pisong Kape is KM 60)  It was light pedalling and easy ride.  I was at km 74 at 8:30 and back to Pisong Kape by 9:30.  I was in Morong, Maybancal by 10:00 and caught up with the troop.  There was free tea and lugaw at the Barangay to celebrate the win of the youth there.




Those who biked yesterday were Gerry Y, Gerry K, Jess V, Master E, Weng, Tito,  and Meong.

By 10:30 we left for home.  The troop left me in downtown Morong and had to chase them.  I caught up with Gerry and Weng near the Cardona church.

Going up the LLDA (near Montevideo,) I left them a bit and was ahead of them when we gathered together at near the URS in Calumpang

It was hot.  However I think I had a great ride.  I biked almost a hundred kilometers.

No comments: