Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hill Climbs this week

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines    May 16, 2015

As we prepare for the Sagada ride, we need to hone up our hill climbing skills.

Last Tuesday, after missing a ride the entire week, I rode to Morong (up to the market only) and did a hill climb via the diversion in Cardona.  This was the third climb in a month and as it was  still early and cool, the climb was not very difficult.  I did the climb in 34 x 23 with still plenty to spare.

Earlier at Callahan, on the way to Morong I overtook a 26 wheeler lorry, chugging up the hill.  I stood up and attacked.  The lorry overtook me at Morong all ready.

Last Thursday, I climbed Antipolo.  Going up Tower Hills and until fibertex, I climbed 53 x 23, and occasionally 53 x 25.

I dropped to 34 at Beverly but 34 x 19

Over all, I could see over all improvement in my ride.

At Antipolo church, a 60 year old guy who rode an MC inquired about my age, and when I replied I am almost 64 (by June) he was quite surprised.  He too rides the MTB to maintain good health

No comments: