Wednesday, November 26, 2014

#Closeshave with #accidents last Sunday ride, November 23, 2014

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines   |  November 27, 2014

I had close shave with accidents last Sunday.

1,  The first one was near km 63 marker, about 200 meters away.  I was focussed in making circles with my pedalling as I was riding up Bugarin that I failed to notice that the tricycle in front of me stalled. I was looking down.  I had barely 3 meters before I took evasive action.  It was close.  I nearly clipped the tricycle





2.  The second one was past km 61 at the Manggahan side approaching  the sampaloc trees going downhill.  A Montero overtook in what appeared a no overtaking zone, and I had no choice except to choose the road shoulder lest I collide head on with the tricycle.

3.  The third one was near km 58 as I was biking home. l(I was going westward)  That is why accidents are just events waiting to happen.

They were close (that is what I got for missing the town fiesta?) God still loves me


Lessons learned:

1.  Focus focus on your ride;

2.  Never for an instant keep your eyes off the road.

3. Never try to hold your ground, your pride vs mechanical behemoths that can hurt you, even if you think you right.  You cant afford to be right, and be injured, or worse dead!

No comments: