Saturday, December 31, 2011

Be Extra Careful When Crossing Railroad Tracks on A Bike After it Rains; Its Slippery , Wet and Dangerous

Bike and Save the Earth

I fell on my right side while crossing railroad track in Gumaca, Quezon.  I am aware that it is slippery when traversing such tracks,.  So I slowed down to about 3 kmh, uncleated, put my left foot down.  I touched down my left foot that was uncleated it slipped on the slippery track to my left and rear wheel followed suit and I fell to my right. I had not uncleated my right foot.

Fortunately the AUV that was following me stopped and did not run me down.

So take care and be extra cautious when passing over steel manhole covers, gratings, etc.  They could be slick and dangerous.

Remember, when it is wet, it is slippery and DANGEROUS.!!

No comments: