Thursday, December 29, 2011

Perils of Night Rider

Bike and Save the Earth

I have a student who has a blog Knight Runner;  I have heard talks of MTB doing night stages;  But the one I experienced was a night ride I would not forget.  And there were a lot of perils:

Two buses nearly rammed us head on;   2 long l8 wheeler trailer brushed by almost 3 mm in the darkness.

The night ride happenned at the stage that we were coasting downhill and doing 50 kph and distance of about l0 kilometers;  it was scary;  there were no lights and you could hear were chirping of cicadas.  Occasionally, an incoming vehicle with bright light would blind you and then the lights would be gone;  it was total darkness and you could not see a thing even a fellow rider.  It went on for some 30 minutes.

I would say the distance between Pagbilao and Atimonan via new highway would be 50 km and hard ride at that!!!

It was worse than the roller coaster ride at Space Mountain in Disneyland.

I would not do that again.

No comments: