Sunday, December 18, 2011

I tried to Ride to Join them to Sierra Madre, but it Rained Harder and was Chilly

Bike and Save the Earth

I woke up at 5:30 and tried to make it to the rendezvous point although there was a slight drizzle.  I stayed for l0 minutes at Knights and Archers and tried to text Luis.  Then I biked towards the Sacred Heart Church in Tayuman.  As I biked the shower became rain and the wind was chilly. (Anyway,  it was reported that there was a typhoon in Mindanao -  typhoon in December?)  I just decided to pay a visit the church and called it a day.  There will be other days to to climb Sampaloc/  Sierra Madre again.  When I arrived, Luis texted me he he was in Cardona, two towns away.  Maybe I came a little bit late to the rallying point.

Anyway, our class, Class 72 will be sponsoring a mass for Simbang Gabi at Church of Gesu at Ateneo.  It is better to be rested.  I was tired from a former student's wedding at San Agustin church in Intramuros.  We arrived ll:30.  Here are some images of today's rainy day:

P.S.:   I talked to Cataps yesterday and from him I learned that despite the heavy rains, they went ahead with the ride to Sierra Madre via Sampaloc:    Gerry, Luis, Tito, Armin Z, and  Allan.  Wow!



             Rain, rain go away.  Reflections from a semiflooded church yard


                                                                       The suman vendor will sell little today;  he would not believe I will blogpost him



                              Self photo, the wet road behind me


                                 Inside the Christmas Decorated Sacred Heart Church


No comments: