Thursday, December 8, 2016

Resumption of normal biking distances

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
December 8, 2016

Happy Immaculate Conception Day of Virgin Mary

It is feast day of Ateneo, although yesterday, they were reminded of their fraility as they lost to the more superior basketball team to DLSU.  It was a gallant fight though

So let me talk a little on my resumption of ride distance up to Morong.  The week before, I could only ride at max to Cardona at Callahan.  But I try to maintain a rapid pace say 25 kph and sprint up to 35 kph (estimate only but that is the perceived effort when I have my bike with cyclometer)  I rode up diversion and I used 32 x 17 and stood up. and went down to lower gear as I coasted up further to 32 x28.  (Laspag na)  I rode up to Sagbat and Taghangin to visit a business site, had some talk and rode back at almost 9 am.  On the way back it is still via diversion and went to low gear to 32 x 32.    (I had 36 t max low)  And then two mighty sprint at Calumpang highway (say 35 kph with the last one going uphill at island gas)  Rapid and furious pace from bridge of Bilibiran to Tagpos and from Tagpos to Pag asa barrio road.

Finished the ride panting and profusely sweating even up to 2 hours after ride.  On the way back to being fully recovered (although the doctor said the symptoms of my illness could last up to 6 months) Dapat daw maraming vitamin B.


No comments: