Thursday, November 26, 2015

Close Encounters of the Dangerous Kind

Wheels of Happiness

November 26, 2015

Last week, I had dangerous close encounters with vehicles:  

1.  Going up the Beverly hills, a Montero Sports SUV whizzed by and I would swear it was by only 3 mm, and got nearly clipped, because I zig zagged as I went up.

2.  At Tayuman, a Fortunner who was trying to avoid a tricycle going to the new Binangonan Market, swerved  to the right and nearly hit me.

3.  In Darangan, the other week,  too, a Vios did not avoid me as I avoided an excavation.  The car did not avoid me and nearly hit me.

4.  Today, as I was climbing Bugarin, two vehicles, a tourist bus and also another SUV did not avoid me.  "Ginitgit ako sa damuhan."

Kailangan ingat at pasyensya sa mga mayayamang may kotse, mga bus driver na kailangang matutong igalang ang karapatan ng siklista.

Unless this happens, biking in MM as a mass transport system will find difficulty in implementation.  Maraming mabubuwis na buhay

No comments: