Thursday, November 12, 2015

Changing my bike gears again!?

Wheels of Happiness

Angono, Rizal Philippines
November 12, 2015

I changed the gears of my bike from 12x 28 to 11 x 36, and the chain rings to triplet (from 53 x 39 to 44, 32, and 22)  I changed my changer to 105 triplet.  However, I noticed the gears to be uneven and noisy with the changers.The inner guide of the changer would rub with the chain.

So I decided to:

1.  Use only two chain rings of the triplet:  the 44 and the 32 since I am not using the 22 any way (come Mt. Province and other rides, I would use them again.  But for now, I would be happy with just two chain rings. 

2.  Re install the 12 x 28 cogs for smoother gear changes.

I was able to change these gears in a jiffy. Tomorrow, let me see how the gears work.

No comments: