Monday, August 25, 2014

Jorgeusbiker chased and even overtook much younger roadies yesterday

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal  Philippines   I   August 25, 2014

I intended to have slow drive to Morong yesterday.  So I chose light gears and rode at leisurely pace of say 18 to 22 kph and using low gears.  34  x 17 and 34 x 19.    So it went from Tayuman to Cardona.   However near the crest of Montevideo,  two riders overtook me. One with Yellow Orange Jersey with white bike, and other one with yellow bike and pink jersey.  They were ahead of me by 100 meters all of a sudden.  I caught up with the pink rider near the crest of hill before Iglesia in Cardona. Then the orange yellow rider loomed right before the Cardona municipal hall and caught up with him at the foot of the hill of Callahan. He recognized the bike that I brought as belonging to VM I was ahead of him going up till Mary  Hospital but he stood up and left me by some ten meters near the iceplant.   And was side by side with him at the summit. I overtook him downhill and was ahead but I lost steam at km 43 to 44.   I caught up with him after the market and even surged ahead of him at Namay.  If the Simples lugawan was the finish line, then I  was the winner.

The two riders were very much younger than me.  When I asked the yellow and orange rider, (he said his name is Ramson and from Taytay) he said he was 40+ and was surrpised I rode that hard and even overtook him

No comments: